F8010 is one of the 38 S.E.5a built by Austin Motor Car Company. It has been assigned to the 25th Aero Squadron of the United States Air Service just before the end of the war and it became the plane of Lieutenant Joseph Elwood Boudwin only on November 8th, 1918.
As the other S.E.5a of the unit, it only had the Vickers on the fuselage while the Lewis on the upper wing was still to be delivered. The war ended four days ago: all planes of the 25th Aero Squadron received the second machinegun only after the Armistice.
Wings of War - Airplane packs 4
Wings of War - Dogfight